Latest posts by Jimmy Chromosomes (see all)
- VGS Genetic Genealogy SIG Member Shares Search Success Story - April 8, 2017
- AncestryDNA Breakthrough on Genetic Communities - February 9, 2017
- Understanding Third Party DNA Testing Results Analysis Tools - December 13, 2014
Here is a screenshot of our SIG Website showing four Website updates.
These four Website updates are:
1. VGS Genetic Genealogy SIG RSS Feed Reader. This handy tool displays a group of tabs (currently 6) for various blogs with RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds. Clicking on a tab causes the five most current posts from that blog to appear underneath the tabs, scrolling up from the bottom. The default display is for the tab at the top. Current blogs with tabs are:
- The Genetic Genealogist
- The Legal Genealogist
- Your Genetic Genealogist
- Dick Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter
- DNA – Genealem’s Genetic Genealogy
- DNA Explained Blog by Roberta Estes
- National Human Genome Research Institute Home Page Highlights
2. Research Menu. A new feature in the right sidebar. This menu currently has two options: “DNA Testing Newbie?” and “Research by Topic”. It is expandable, and helps the avoid the slower page loading sometimes caused by a primary navigation menu. There are already quite a few links to be found in this research tool.
3. Jimmy Chromosomes, SIG Boss. A whimsical alter ego of SIG leader, Jim Lannin. The premise is that if we can’t have fun with this DNA Testing thing…well then it would all be so boring.
4. Some Genetic Basics. Located on the Home Page, Some basic concepts and pieces of information from Genetic Genealogy 101 to benefit some of our newer members.